Monday, August 30, 2010

The New Hyderabad International Airport: Published on 13 May 2010

Finally, I flew in and out of the new ‘Rajiv Gandhi International Airport’ in Hyderabad during last week of April. We, the residents of Hyderabad were eagerly waiting for the inauguration of the airport, and brought some property around that.

During the introduction, there was much hype about the airport, being compared to world class airports of Singapore and Hong Kong.

For me, this is the smallest airport I have seen which are built in modern times. It’s pretty similar to Kuala Lumpur airport, but have just 7 aircraft hangers for both international and domestic. There are only two baggage belts for International and two for domestic terminals, which are of course, looks different. But, may due to the initial days, it takes an hour to get your bag!!

There are electronic feedback terminals, from which I have given my feedback, but still I am waiting for an acknowledgment through my email.

The airport is way out of the city, far from the civilization, have a steep landing angle (33 degrees) and very expensive. But its cosy, tidy and world class. The good thing is that its just the first phase of construction. Looking forward to see a ‘Aerotropolitan’ which spreads like a wild fire from the airport area!

No comments:

Post a Comment