Sunday, July 25, 2010

Excellent service from Garuda Indonesia Airlies: Published on 23 March 2007


The restructuring is over, all my staff had moved to my office, computers and desks are organised, and now started my exciting journey to India.

But the flight was late, went to the airport at 4:30 PM, but there was a technical snag in the aircraft. They started checking in the passengers, and I have also checked in. But no body knows, when the flight will come and when we go.

Meanwhile, our airlines- Garuda Indonesia started serving drinks- that typical indonesian drink 'Tehbotol'. I never drank it, but wanted to give it a try, only to have a few sips and threw it off.

Later they announced that the flight will leave at 9:00 and served dinner for us in the airport. The flight finally arrived and we left Banda Aceh at 9:30. Since the flight reaches Jakarta in the midnight, they have offered free transport to any where in Jakarta.

I have not booked a hotel in Jakarta for the nights stay, thinking that I can get down in Jakarta and book a hotel in the airport counter. But the flight finally arrived in Jakarta at midnight 1:30 and we are all completely exhausted. In Jakarta, the service oriented Garuda staff started giving money for taxi to all the passengers (I saw something like Rp. 150,000 or USD 17).

But when my turn came, I told I require accommodation for the night, which they thankfully obliged. There were four passengers who require accommodation due to various reasons. They took us to a near by Resort called 'FM 7' and provided accommodation for the day, with the breakfast in the morning.

The hotel is a new one, very beautiful interiors. All the furniture- the lamps, desks, bed, toilet etc are very gorgeous. They are like 'Magpie' utensils. I spent the night there, and got up at 9:30 AM, came to the airport at 11:00 AM to catch mu next flight

Finally, I have experienced excellent service from 'Garuda Indonesia' airlines. Please fly with them always!!

No comments:

Post a Comment